Navigating High-Asset Divorce
Divorce is never easy. When dissolving a marriage means dividing significant assets, a layer of complexity adds to an already challenging process. Emotions are high, and there may be confusion about the valuation of certain assets such as a professional practice or family business.
Avoiding Unnecessary Conflict And Achieving Goals
Unnecessary conflict can drive up not only the financial cost, but also the emotional cost of a high net worth divorce. At Harris, Hunt & Derr, P.A., our experienced family law attorneys will help you divide your property, preserving both your financial health and peace of mind.
Just as each marriage is different; so is each divorce. But in every case, our commitment remains the same: to guide you through the divorce process with as little stress as possible, preserving your resources for the bright future that lies ahead of you.
Leveraging Professional Resources To Give You An Edge
The same wealth that offered you a high standard of living during your marriage can become a bone of contention in your divorce. Our firm maintains relationships with respected Florida financial professionals such as divorce financial analysts, tax professionals and forensic accountants. We incorporate support from these professionals as needed in developing your case and addressing issues such as:
- Valuation of assets whose value fluctuates over time
- Valuation of closely held businesses and family businesses and other complex assets
- Classification of particular property as marital or nonmarital for purposes of division
- Classification of various assets as income or property, such as stock options and other investments
- Valuation of commercial and residential real estate and investment properties
- Valuation of art and collectibles
- Child support that deviates above Florida guidelines
- Temporary, transitional, rehabilitative, durational or permanent spousal maintenance
Effective Advocacy For Florida High Net Worth Divorce Matters
The attorneys of Harris, Hunt & Derr, P.A., deliberately limit our caseload so we can offer you the time and attention you deserve. We take a team approach to your legal representation, bringing the strengths, experience and knowledge of each attorney to bear in your divorce matter.
A Divorce Approach That Is Right For You
We will work with you to determine and carry out the best approach to your divorce, whether that is litigation, negotiation, Collaborative divorce or some other form of alternative dispute resolution.
Find Out More Today
Located in Downtown Tampa and St. Petersburg, Harris, Hunt & Derr, P.A., serves clients in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Polk and Hernando Counties and throughout Florida. We also represent clients outside the state in Florida family law matters. We invite you to call us at 813-223-5421 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation.