Steven J. Collins joined Harris, Hunt & Derr, P.A. as an associate attorney in August 2022. Steve retired as a Lieutenant Colonel from the United States Army in July 2022 serving as an active duty officer in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps. While in the military, Steve practiced an extremely diverse legal portfolio working across multiple disciplines, including family law, estate planning, criminal law, criminal appellate law, international law, administrative law, tax law, and fiscal law. Steve served multiple overseas tours and combat deployments throughout his military career to include Iraq, Kuwait, Italy, and South Korea.
Steve grew up in DeLand, Florida and attended the University of Central Florida (UCF) where he earned his Bachelor’s degree while also attaining his military commission through the UCF Reserve Officers’ Training Corps. His hobbies include coaching youth sports, playing golf, and traveling. Steve and his wife, Christina, have three sons and one very lovable yellow Labrador, Cash.
- Stetson University College of Law, Juris Doctor, May 2002
- Judge Advocate General’s Legal Center and School, Master of Laws, Military Law, May 2010
- University of Central Florida, Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice and Legal Studies, May 1999
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- United States Army Court of Criminal Appeals
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- State of Florida
- The Florida Bar (2002-present)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Military and Veterans Affairs Committee, Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, The SAE School, Mableton, Georgia.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Knights of Columbus
- Executive Board Member, Fishhawk Youth Baseball Association